Tuesday, March 19, 2013

After the storm

Hey there! Didn't see you in a while. One of my other projects finally caught up to me and I had to enter crunch mode, so I completely neglected this independent study.

It ends today.

I came back to Unreal today with renewed determination and started building what will be the first room of my first game. Pretty exciting to me :) however, since I plan on doing several really similar room, I'm going to try to look into how to copy/paste with BSP surfaces. It might be easy; I couldn't find it.

Here's what the room looks like:
From the outside
From the inside
There will be two different geometric shapes in the middle of each room: a sphere, as you can see, and some other shape (still to determine). Those shapes will be changeable depending on the players' actions. Also, the rooms are going to be disposed in a 3x3x3 layout.

Now the game of the day... from what I've said, can you guess which type of game I'm building?

No comments:

Post a Comment