Thursday, April 4, 2013

After GDC, attacking again!

Last week was crazy. GDC is as much a networking ground as it is an old friend's reunion and party place. That said, now is the time to go back to what makes it all worth it: making games!

After some consideration, I decided to ditch my first pass at a level altogether. A purely vertical level was presenting challenges that I wasn't sure I had the time to address; therefore, I opted for a horizontal disposition, as you can see in the following image.

View from above


My goal is to make a small 3D tic tac toe FPS with physics combat elements. Which means, instead of shooting each other in the face, the players will each have a gun each applying a different force on the target (one attractive, one repulsive). The goal for the players is same as in tic-tac-toe, but in order to place a symbol somewhere they will have to use their gun to manipulate it. Of course, you can also hinder the movements of the other player by shooting your gun at him/her, by blocking critical corridors...

To make it all happen, I've started digging around the API to see which classes I can extend and which functions I can use. I've found a physics gun class, which seems like it would be a good starting point.

No comments:

Post a Comment