Saturday, February 2, 2013

The theme is out!

...well, one could argue it's more gameplay than theme. Either way, it's going to be pretty interesting:

"No gravity, no friction"

Annnnd...go! Interestingly enough, it's a theme I considered before, because of a Donald Duck comic.
Other news, I'm done with the second chapter of the book. It wasn't much, really, especially if you already know programming languages. The one thing I learned is mostly syntax, and special keywords:

var int numberOfShoes;

is for regular variables, whereas

var() int numberOfShoes;

is for variables that need to be accessible within the editor. Also,

var config int numberOfShoes;

is for variables that are loaded from the config files. Note that the editor value takes precedence over the config value.

Here's the part where I'm wondering whether this blog will turn into a technical blog, to which I answer... I do what I want ;) but I'll definitely post stuff that I find interesting, whether it's programming or design, or anything.

Next time we'll talk about design!

No comments:

Post a Comment